PayPal

StatCounter

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Dr LEONARD COWAN

© MMXX V.1.0.0
by Morley Evans

I was saved by Dr Cowan when I was born on September 1, 1947. I was a twin and our mother was preeclamptic (called “toxic” then). My sister was born 12 minutes before me. I was a breech birth with my umbilical cord wrapped around my neck like a noose. I don’t remember this, of course. My mother told me. She said Dr Cowan was so worried about us, he sat in a chair beside her bed all night before we were born. Dr J De La Rey Nel told me doctors used to do that with preeclamptic patients before modern monitoring equipment became available. My thanks to Dr Cowan! 



D.R.C.O.G. (LONDON)
F.R.S.M. (England)
Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine


We were born at the Regina General Hospital. I found the picture above at the Grey Nun’s Hospital website. The General Hospital shared staff with the Grey Nun’s Hospital then and now. Dr Cowan was the last good doctor I had until I was saved by Dr Carl Reich in Calgary in 1973. I was 26 then.


Cute babies

Regina Grey Nun’s Hospital

The Regina General Hospital doesn’t have a website that I could find, but I think Dr Leonard Cowan is my guy; Mother said he had come to Regina from England, like my grandparents.



Dr Reich prescribed Vitamins A & D and digestive enzymes. He was drummed out of the doctor business by his wonderful colleagues shortly after I saw him. Dr Reich put me on the road to good health.

No comments: