PayPal

StatCounter

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Valentine's Day

© MMXIV V.1.0.5
by Morley Evans

(Names have been changed to protect the innocent and lovely.)

God has been good to me:

Yesterday, I saw Jane. She had her 23rd birthday a few weeks ago. Jane is a beautiful girl. I see her for a few minutes three times a week where she works. While I was visiting with the owner in the hallway after concluding our business, Jane came by. She stopped and turned sideways next to me. 

"How are you, my darling?" I asked as she leaned toward me slightly. I put my arm around her waist. 

"Fine," she smiled shyly. I gave her a gentle squeeze as she offered her cheek so I could give her a little kiss.

On my way out a few minutes later, Jane was sitting behind the reception desk beside Maria, another beautiful girl. Jane showed me the vase of red roses on the shelf behind them. 

"See what I did with the roses," she asked?

They were the focal point of the area, which has been extravagantly decorated for Valentine's Day for several weeks. The roses had opened amid a spray of baby breath and greenery. They had a key light illuminating them.

"Very nice. Did someone give them to you," I asked Jane?

"Yes," she smiled coyly. 

"He must like you a lot," I said. 

"I like him a lot too," Jane cooed. 

"He is very lucky," I answered. 

Jane and Maria both smiled. I had given the roses to Jane on Thursday. 

"See you in two days," I said as I went out.

It's cold and miserable here, but Love keeps me warm and happy. It takes very little love to make a big difference. Love is a whisper. A smile. Love is gentle and kind.



________________________________________


No comments: