PayPal

StatCounter

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

IMPARK

© MMVIII

Subject: Hate

Dear IMPARK:

Your racket, masquerading as a business, is the biggest rip-off I have ever seen. How can a $2.00 parking fee magically go to $63.60 the second the time expires? Oh sure, you got your inspiration from the cops. And like them, you offer a 50% discount if your victim pays up fast and doesn't make a fuss. And you have costs to cover, such as legal fees, ticketing minions, towing and related hostage fees. Don't want to pay up? Your car could be shipped to a chop shop or Hong Kong. Or you can pay an exorbitant ransom to get it back. Yesterday, when I parked at the lot you now control, I couldn't figure out your system. I couldn't find anyone who could answer a question either. But I did manage to find a way to give you $2, expecting the worst. I notice one of your minions was lurking somewhere nearby because a real person managed to put your extortion note under my windshield wiper. Frank Nitti (The Enforcer) would be proud of IMPARK. "Imperial Parking Canada Corporation" is well named: like cancer, your empire of rip-off centres metastasizes on empty lots across North America. I notice your website says you are "Carbon Neutral". Too bad you aren't rip-off neutral. Of course there is no one to answer questions. If there were, you'd have to pay that person and you would have received only $2 instead of $33.80 and it could have been $65.60 if I hadn't paid up immediately. What a racket. Some day you are going to get yours. I don't know how, but it will come. Have a nice day.

Helpful hints to the ripped-off: write to the proprietor of the business that has leased its parking lot to IMPARK. Tell him (or her) that you won't be patronizing his business again as long as he runs a rip-off operation where you park.

Whether you live in Regina, Vancouver or Tucson, you can send your own hate mail here:
Suite 140
1870 Albert Street
Regina, SK S4P 4B7
Tel: (306) 352-2681
Fax: (306) 359-6930
Randy McKinnon, General Manager

1 comment:

Unknown said...

IMPARK is a joke, they really do suck the money out of you in every way they can using any stupid excuse they can find. One time, me and my family parked in one of theirs that's "strictly" for a mall. My family went into the mall but I decided to wander off elsewhere. They gave us a ticket because apparently, "strictly" means every single family member has to be in that mall.